A Guide To Digital Risk Protection For Security Teams
Momentum Cyber, NightDragon Security,SafeGuard Cyber, and Optiv Security are pleased to release our new special report “Digital Risk Protection For Security Teams,” a guide to help you survive the perfect social spear-phishing storm. As organizations become increasingly dependent on digital communication channels for everyday productivity and customer engagement, the need to secure these channels against cyberattacks, data loss, and compliance risks becomes paramount.
The broad adoption of collaboration, mobile chat, and social channels, such as Microsoft Teams, Slack, WhatsApp, and LinkedIn, coupled with the rapid expansion of work-from-home during the COVID-19 pandemic has created an expansive attack surface with huge cyber risk exposure for the enterprise. These digital communication channels operate with a volume and velocity that are rapidly outpacing email.
But these channels are far less fortified, with interactions occurring outside the network perimeter, rendering them practically invisible to security teams. While there is already a lack of visibility to threat activity on these channels, the inclusion of home networks in an extended remote security deployment creates a massive security vulnerability to the enterprise. These vulnerabilities have now captured the attention of cyber criminals and nation state actors. This has created a perfect cyber security storm where these channels become highly susceptible to spear-phishing, ransomware, cyber espionage, and other forms of cyberattack, for which immediate preventative countermeasures are well advised.
This report analyzes the key forces that are fueling the storm (widespread adoption of social and collaboration channels, the inexorable growth of the remote workforce, and the rapid rise of social cyber attacks), the types of attacks that are on the rise (social spear-phishing, account compromise and takeover, cyber espionage, insider threats, executive attacks, and brand attacks), and methods by which organizations can defend themselves.
- Momentum Cyber Advises Goldman Sachs And ClearSky Security On Their Strategic Investment In White Ops
- Momentum Cyber’s Annual Cybersecurity Almanac Reveals A Record-Smashing Year
- Momentum Cyber Advises JASK on Its Acquisition by Sumo Logic
- Momentum Cyber & Optiv Publish White Paper: 2019 Security Technology Spend Insights Report
- Momentum Cyber To Support NTT’s Global Cybersecurity Strategy & Growth Initiatives
- Momentum Cyber Releases Its Cybersecurity Mid-Year Review for 2019
- Momentum Cyber Advises Interset on Its Acquisition by Micro Focus
- Momentum Cyber Advises ADT And NightDragon On Their Strategic Investment In SAM Seamless Network
- Momentum Cyber & Optiv Publish White Paper ‘E’ Is For Efficiency: Five Trends To Relieve The Cybersecurity Skills Shortage
- Momentum Cyber Advises ADT On Its Acquisition Of SDI
- Momentum Cyber Advises ICEBRG On Its Acquisition By Gigamon
- Momentum Cyber Advises Bradford Networks On Its Acquisition By Fortinet
- Momentum Cyber Advises Weblife On Its $60 Million Acquisition By Proofpoint
- Momentum Cyber Advises DATASHIELD On Its Acquisition By ADT
- Momentum Cyber Advises Cyphort On Its Acquisition By Juniper Networks
Momentum Cyber is the premier trusted advisor to the Cybersecurity industry providing bespoke high-impact advice combined with tailored, senior-level access. The firm was founded by world-class operators and advisors and caters to the unique needs of both earlier stage Founders, CEOs, & Boards as well as the complexity of later stage & public companies throughout their lifecycle – Incubation to Exit. Headquartered in San Francisco with operations globally, the founding team has closed over 250 transactions totaling over $250 billion in value.