Cybersecurity Market Review | Q1 2018
Momentum Cyber, the premier trusted advisor to the cybersecurity industry, is pleased to provide you with our Cybersecurity Market Review for Q1 2018. Strategic activity remained strong in Q1 with over 160 transactions deploying over $3.5B across M&A (58 transactions, $2.5B) and financing (102 transactions, $1.0B).
Each month we provide you with an update on the dynamic Cybersecurity landscape. We highlight M&A activity, Venture Capital, Initial Public Offerings, public market valuations, and sector trends.
Inside you will find a series of insights across the Cybersecurity industry including:
- 58 M&A transactions were completed, totaling $2.5B in transaction volume, representing the 3rd straight quarter of increasing deal activity
- 6 deals with disclosed values ≥ $100M
- Proofpoint acquired its 3rd company in as many months, having acquired Wombat, Weblife, and Cloudmark for a total of ~$400M
- The most active sectors in Q1 2018 included: SecOps / IR / Threat Intel (10), Risk & Compliance (8), Security Consulting (8), and Identity & Access Management (7)
- 102 financing transactions were completed, totaling $1.0B in transaction value, with a median amount raised of $6.1M
- 65% of deals were early stage (Seed to Series A), with a median amount raised of $4.0M; the remainder were late-stage (Series B+) with a median amount raised of $18.0M
- The most active sectors in Q1 2018 included: Identity & Access Management (15), Data Security (14), and Network & Infrastructure Security (11)
Recent Momentum Cyber Announcements
- Momentum Cyber Releases Inaugural Cybersecurity Almanac For 2018
- Momentum Cyber Launches As Industry’s Premier Cybersecurity Advisory Firm
- Momentum Advises Weblife On Its $60 Million Acquisition By Proofpoint
- Momentum Advises DATASHIELD On Its Acquisition By ADT
- Momentum Advises Cyphort On Its Acquisition By Juniper Networks
Momentum Cyber is the premier trusted advisor to the cybersecurity industry providing bespoke high-impact advice combined with tailored, senior-level access. The firm was founded by world-class operators and advisors and caters to the unique needs of both earlier stage Founders, CEOs, & Boards as well as the complexity of later stage & public companies throughout their lifecycle – Incubation to Exit. Headquartered in San Francisco with operations globally, the founding team has closed over 200 transactions totaling over $200 billion in value.