CYBERSECURITY MARKET REVIEW | Q3 2022
We are pleased to provide you with Momentum’s Cybersecurity Market Review for Q3 2022. Strategic Activity in Q3 included 246 transactions totaling $12.0B in deal value across M&A (57 transactions, $8.9B) and Financing (189 transactions, $3.1B).
Each month we provide you with an update on the dynamic Cybersecurity landscape. We highlight M&A activity, Venture Capital, Initial Public Offerings, public market valuations, sector trends and unique industry perspectives.
This quarter’s report features a foreword in collaboration with SYN Ventures discussing the new model for investing in Cybersecurity companies. The foreword focuses on how investors are funding the Cyber revolution and features a strategic map of investors across the ever-evolving Cybersecurity ecosystem.
- 57 M&A deals were announced with disclosed values of $8.9B (median disclosed value of $202M)
- The acquisitions of Micro Focus by OpenText for $5.7B and Ping Identity by Thoma Bravo for $2.8B highlighted M&A activity for Q3 2022
- The most active sectors for M&A in Q3 2022 included: Security Consulting & Services (11), MSSP (8), Identity & Access Management (8), and Risk & Compliance (8)
- 189 financing transactions were completed with total capital raised of $3.1B (median amount raised of $7.3M)
- Coalition’s $250M Series F, Acronis’ $250M PE Growth Round, and Talon’s $100M Series A rounds led all financing activity for Q3 2022
- The most active sectors for financings in Q3 2022 included: Risk & Compliance (29), Data Security (24), and Identity & Access Management (17)
- Momentum Cyber Advises Apptega On Its Strategic Investment By Mainsail Partners
- Momentum Cyber Advises Infocyte On Its Acquisition By Datto
- Momentum Cyber Advises Fishtech Group On Its Merger With Herjavec Group
- Momentum Cyber Advises SecBI On Its Acquisition By LogPoint
- Momentum Cyber Advises RiskSense On Its Acquisition By Ivanti
- Momentum Cyber Advises Herjavec Group On Its Majority Acquisition By Apax Partners
- Momentum Cyber Advises Alcide On Its Acquisition By Rapid7
- Momentum Cyber Advises MistNet On Its Acquisition By LogRhythm
- Momentum Cyber Advises iboss On Its $145M Growth Financing Led By NightDragon & Francisco Partners
- Momentum Cyber Advises Goldman Sachs, ClearSky, and NightDragon On Their Acquisition of White Ops Cybersecurity
- Momentum Cyber Advises Goldman Sachs And ClearSky Security On Their Strategic Investment In White Ops
- Momentum Cyber Advises JASK on Its Acquisition by Sumo Logic
- Momentum Cyber to Support NTT’s Global Cybersecurity Strategy & Growth Initiatives
- Momentum Cyber Advises Interset on Its Acquisition by Micro Focus
- Momentum Cyber Served as Exclusive Financial and Strategic Advisor to RedLock
- Momentum Cyber Advises ADT and NightDragon on Their Strategic Investment in SAM Seamless Network
- Momentum Cyber Advises ADT on Its Acquisition of SDI
- Momentum Cyber Advises ICEBRG on Its Acquisition by Gigamon
- Momentum Cyber Advises Bradford Networks on Its Acquisition by Fortinet
- Momentum Cyber Advises Weblife on Its $60 Million Acquisition by Proofpoint
- Momentum Cyber Advises DATASHIELD on Its Acquisition by ADT
- Momentum Cyber Advises Cyphort on Its Acquisition by Juniper Networks
Momentum Cyber is the premier trusted advisor to the Cybersecurity industry providing bespoke high-impact advice combined with tailored, senior-level access. The firm was founded by world-class operators and advisors and caters to the unique needs of both earlier stage Founders, CEOs, & Boards as well as the complexity of later stage & public companies throughout their lifecycle. Headquartered in San Francisco with operations globally, the founding team has closed over 250 transactions totaling over $250 billion in value.