Cybersecurity Snapshot | April 2018
Momentum Cyber, the premier trusted advisor to the cybersecurity industry, is pleased to provide you with our Cybersecurity Snapshot for April 2018. Strategic activity slowed in April with 40 transactions deploying over $562M across M&A (12 transactions, $190M) and financing (28 transactions, $372M).
Each month we provide you with an update on the dynamic Cybersecurity landscape. We highlight M&A activity, Venture Capital, Initial Public Offerings, public market valuations, and sector trends.
Inside you will find a series of insights across the Cybersecurity industry including:
- 12 M&A deals were announced with an aggregate disclosed value of $190M; number of deals closed YTD increases by 17% relative to same period last year
- The acquisitions of Secdo by Palo Alto Networks for $90M, STG Group Holding by SOS International for $83M, Advantio by Cognosec for $15M, & Bomgar by Francisco Partners led all M&A activity for April
- The most active sectors this month included: Security Consulting (2), Application Security (2), Identity & Access Management (2), & Web Security (1)
- 28 financing transactions raised a total of $372M, representing a 24% increase in total amount raised YoY. Median amount raised was $10M
- BetterCloud’s $60M Series E, Saviynt’s $40M Series A, & Onapsis’ $31M Series C rounds led all financing activity for April
- 50% of financing deals were early stage (Seed to Series A); Median amount raised for early stage deals was $7M
- The most active sectors this month included: Identity & Access Management (5), SecOps / IR / Threat Intel (4), Network & Infrastructure Security (4) & IoT (4)
Recent Momentum Cyber Announcements
- Momentum Cyber Releases Inaugural Cybersecurity Almanac For 2018
- Momentum Cyber Launches As Industry’s Premier Cybersecurity Advisory Firm
- Momentum Advises Weblife On Its $60 Million Acquisition By Proofpoint
- Momentum Advises DATASHIELD On Its Acquisition By ADT
- Momentum Advises Cyphort On Its Acquisition By Juniper Networks
Momentum Cyber is the premier trusted advisor to the cybersecurity industry providing bespoke high-impact advice combined with tailored, senior-level access. The firm was founded by world-class operators and advisors and caters to the unique needs of both earlier stage Founders, CEOs, & Boards as well as the complexity of later stage & public companies throughout their lifecycle – Incubation to Exit. Headquartered in San Francisco with operations globally, the founding team has closed over 200 transactions totaling over $200 billion in value.