CYBERSECURITY SNAPSHOT | APRIL 2020
We are pleased to provide you with Momentum’s Cybersecurity Snapshot for April 2020. Strategic activity in April included 43 transactions completed totaling $1.5B in deal value across M&A (14 transactions, $557M) and Financing (29 transactions, $922M).
Each month we provide you with an update on the dynamic Cybersecurity landscape. We highlight M&A activity, Venture Capital, Initial Public Offerings, public market valuations, sector trends and unique industry perspectives.
The foreword of this quarter’s report features insights from Momentum Cyber’s Special Report: Cybersecurity In The Age Of COVID-19 & key takeaways from its two joint webcasts hosted in conjunction with Optiv Security (Is Cybersecurity ‘Virus Resistant’?) & RSA Conference (Securing the New Normal: A Virtual Happy Hour on Moving Forward).
- 14 M&A deals were announced with disclosed values of $557M, (median disclosed value of $164M)
- The acquisitions of Arxan by Digital.ai for $225M, Avira by Investcorp for $180M, DivvyCloud by Rapid7 for $148M, & Revolutionary Security by Accenture highlighted M&A activity for April
- The most active sectors this month were: Identity & Access Management (2), Cloud Security (2), Web Security (2), & Data Security (2)
- 29 financing transactions completed with total capital raised of $922M (median amount raised of $15M)
- BioCatch’s $145M Series C, Accellion’s $120M Later Stage VC, Onfido’s $100M Later Stage VC, & Forgerock’s $93M Series E rounds led all financing activity for April
- 52% of total financing deals were Early Stage to Series A (median amount raised was $6M)
- The most active sectors this month included: Identity & Access Management (6), Network & Infrastructure Security (5), Data Security (4), & Risk & Compliance (4)
- Momentum Cyber Advises Goldman Sachs And ClearSky Security On Their Strategic Investment In White Ops
- Momentum Cyber’s Annual Cybersecurity Almanac Reveals A Record-Smashing Year
- Momentum Cyber Advises JASK on Its Acquisition by Sumo Logic
- Momentum Cyber & Optiv Publish White Paper: 2019 Security Technology Spend Insights Report
- Momentum Cyber To Support NTT’s Global Cybersecurity Strategy & Growth Initiatives
- Momentum Cyber Releases Its Cybersecurity Mid-Year Review for 2019
- Momentum Cyber Advises Interset on Its Acquisition by Micro Focus
- Momentum Cyber’s Annual Cybersecurity Almanac Reveals Another Record Year
- Momentum Cyber Advises ADT And NightDragon On Their Strategic Investment In SAM Seamless Network
- Momentum Cyber & Optiv Publish White Paper ‘E’ Is For Efficiency: Five Trends To Relieve The Cybersecurity Skills Shortage
- Momentum Cyber Advises ADT On Its Acquisition Of SDI
- Momentum Cyber Releases Its Cybersecurity Mid-Year Review For 2018
- Momentum Cyber Advises ICEBRG On Its Acquisition By Gigamon
- Momentum Cyber Advises Bradford Networks On Its Acquisition By Fortinet
- Momentum Cyber Releases Inaugural Cybersecurity Almanac For 2018
- Momentum Cyber Launches As Industry’s Premier Cybersecurity Advisory Firm
- Momentum Cyber Advises Weblife On Its $60 Million Acquisition By Proofpoint
- Momentum Cyber Advises DATASHIELD On Its Acquisition By ADT
- Momentum Cyber Advises Cyphort On Its Acquisition By Juniper Networks
Momentum Cyber is the premier trusted advisor to the Cybersecurity industry providing bespoke high-impact advice combined with tailored, senior-level access. The firm was founded by world-class operators and advisors and caters to the unique needs of both earlier stage Founders, CEOs, & Boards as well as the complexity of later stage & public companies throughout their lifecycle – Incubation to Exit. Headquartered in San Francisco with operations globally, the founding team has closed over 250 transactions totaling over $250 billion in value.