CYBERSECURITY SNAPSHOT | AUGUST 2019
We are pleased to provide you with Momentum’s Cybersecurity Snapshot for August 2019. Strategic deal volume in August soared and included 38 transactions completed totaling $13.3B in deal value across M&A (16 transactions, $12.9B) and financing (22 transactions, $371M).
Each month we provide you with an update on the dynamic Cybersecurity landscape. We highlight M&A activity, Venture Capital, Initial Public Offerings, public market valuations, sector trends and select active buyers of Cybersecurity companies.
The foreword of this month’s report features insights on the Cybersecurity seed & Israeli investing landscape from Yoav Leitersdorf, Founder, Managing Partner, YL Ventures.
- 16 M&A deals were announced with disclosed values of $12.9B
- The acquisitions of Symantec’s Enterprise Assets by Broadcom for $10.7B & Carbon Black by VMware for $2.1B highlighted M&A activity for August
- The most active sectors this month were: Security Consulting (4), Application Security (2), Endpoint Security (2), and Network Security (2)
- 22 financing transactions completed with total capital raised of $371M (median amount raised of $6M)
- Cybereason’s $200M Series E, AU10TIX’s $60M Private Equity, Axonius’ $20M Series B, & Securit.ai’s $18M Series A rounds led all financing activity for August
- 59% of total financing deals were Early Stage to Series A; Median amount raised in such deals was $3M
- The most active sectors this month included: Data Security (5), Risk & Compliance (4), Network Security (3), and SecOps / IR / Threat Intel (3)
- Momentum Cyber To Support NTT’s Global Cybersecurity Strategy & Growth Initiatives
- Momentum Advises Interset on Its Acquisition by Micro Focus
- Momentum Cyber’s Annual Cybersecurity Almanac Reveals Another Record Year
- Momentum Advises ADT And NightDragon On Their Strategic Investment In SAM Seamless Network
- Momentum Cyber & Optiv Publish White Paper ‘E’ Is For Efficiency: Five Trends To Relieve The Cybersecurity Skills Shortage
- Momentum Advises ADT On Its Acquisition Of SDI
- Momentum Cyber Releases Its Cybersecurity Mid-Year Review For 2018
- Momentum Advises ICEBRG On Its Acquisition By Gigamon
- Momentum Advises Bradford Networks On Its Acquisition By Fortinet
- Momentum Cyber Releases Inaugural Cybersecurity Almanac For 2018
- Momentum Cyber Launches As Industry’s Premier Cybersecurity Advisory Firm
- Momentum Advises Weblife On Its $60 Million Acquisition By Proofpoint
- Momentum Advises DATASHIELD On Its Acquisition By ADT
- Momentum Advises Cyphort On Its Acquisition By Juniper Networks
Momentum Cyber is the premier trusted advisor to the Cybersecurity industry providing bespoke high-impact advice combined with tailored, senior-level access. The firm was founded by world-class operators and advisors and caters to the unique needs of both earlier stage Founders, CEOs, & Boards as well as the complexity of later stage & public companies throughout their lifecycle – Incubation to Exit. Headquartered in San Francisco with operations globally, the founding team has closed over 250 transactions totaling over $250 billion in value.