CYBERSECURITY SNAPSHOT | AUGUST 2022
We are pleased to provide you with Momentum’s Cybersecurity Snapshot for August 2022. Strategic activity for August included 72 transactions totaling $9.0B in disclosed deal values across M&A (12 transactions, $8.4B) and financing (60 transactions, $610M).
Each month we provide you with an update on the dynamic Cybersecurity landscape. We highlight M&A activity, Venture Capital, Initial Public Offerings, public market valuations, sector trends and unique industry perspectives.
This month’s report features a review of the 8th Annual CISO Circuit Report by YL Ventures which focuses on ransomware risk in 2022. Over the course of 40 interviews with CISOs, the report sets out to understand the challenges that ransomware presents to enterprise security teams globally.
- 12 M&A deals were announced with disclosed values of $8.4B (median disclosed value of $4.2B)
- The acquisitions of Micro Focus by OpenText for $5.7B and Ping Identity by Thoma Bravo for $2.8B led M&A activity in August
- The most active sectors for M&A this month were: Identity & Access Management (3), Network & Infrastructure Security (2), and Risk & Compliance (2)
- 60 financing transactions completed with total capital raised of $610M (median amount raised of $5.0M)
- Talon’s $100M Series A, Fortanix’s $82M Series C, and TXOne’s $70M Series B led all financing activity in August
- The most active sectors for financings this month included: Risk & Compliance (11), Data Security (9), and Identity & Access Management (6)
- Momentum Cyber Advises Apptega On Its Strategic Investment By Mainsail Partners
- Momentum Cyber Advises Infocyte On Its Acquisition By Datto
- Momentum Cyber Advises Fishtech Group On Its Merger With Herjavec Group
- Momentum Cyber Advises SecBI On Its Acquisition By LogPoint
- Momentum Cyber Advises RiskSense On Its Acquisition By Ivanti
- Momentum Cyber Advises Herjavec Group On Its Majority Acquisition By Apax Partners
- Momentum Cyber Advises Alcide On Its Acquisition By Rapid7
- Momentum Cyber Advises MistNet On Its Acquisition By LogRhythm
- Momentum Cyber Advises iboss On Its $145M Growth Financing Led By NightDragon & Francisco Partners
- Momentum Cyber Advises Goldman Sachs, ClearSky, and NightDragon On Their Acquisition of White Ops Cybersecurity
- Momentum Cyber Advises Goldman Sachs And ClearSky Security On Their Strategic Investment In White Ops
- Momentum Cyber Advises JASK on Its Acquisition by Sumo Logic
- Momentum Cyber to Support NTT’s Global Cybersecurity Strategy & Growth Initiatives
- Momentum Cyber Advises Interset on Its Acquisition by Micro Focus
- Momentum Cyber Served as Exclusive Financial and Strategic Advisor to RedLock
- Momentum Cyber Advises ADT and NightDragon on Their Strategic Investment in SAM Seamless Network
- Momentum Cyber Advises ADT on Its Acquisition of SDI
- Momentum Cyber Advises ICEBRG on Its Acquisition by Gigamon
- Momentum Cyber Advises Bradford Networks on Its Acquisition by Fortinet
- Momentum Cyber Advises Weblife on Its $60 Million Acquisition by Proofpoint
- Momentum Cyber Advises DATASHIELD on Its Acquisition by ADT
- Momentum Cyber Advises Cyphort on Its Acquisition by Juniper Networks
Momentum Cyber is the premier trusted advisor to the Cybersecurity industry providing bespoke high-impact advice combined with tailored, senior-level access. The firm was founded by world-class operators and advisors and caters to the unique needs of both earlier stage Founders, CEOs, & Boards as well as the complexity of later stage & public companies throughout their lifecycle. Headquartered in San Francisco with operations globally, the founding team has closed over 250 transactions totaling over $250 billion in value.