CYBERSECURITY SNAPSHOT | DECEMBER 2019
We are pleased to provide you with Momentum’s Cybersecurity Snapshot for December 2019. Strategic activity in December included 42 transactions completed totaling $1.5B in deal value across M&A (15 transactions, $1.2B) and financing (27 transactions, $317M.
The foreword of this month’s report features insights from Paul Martini, the CEO of iboss, on the inverting network perimeter and the future of network security, delivered in the cloud.
Each month we provide you with an update on the dynamic Cybersecurity landscape. We highlight M&A activity, Venture Capital, Initial Public Offerings, public market valuations, sector trends and unique industry perspectives.
- 15 M&A deals were announced with disclosed values of $1.2B, (median disclosed value of $34M)
- The acquisitions of Shape Security by F5 Networks for $1.0B, Indegy by Tenable for $78M, Coalfire by Apax Partners, & RiskRecon by Mastercard highlighted M&A activity for December
- The most active sectors this month were: Security Consulting (3), Data Security (3), Application Security (2), & Sec Ops / IR / Threat Intel (2)
- 27 financing transactions completed with total capital raised of $317M (median amount raised of $8M)
- Secure Code Warrior’s $48M Series B, CyberGRX’s $40M Series D, Ordr’s $28M Series B, & LogicGate’s $25M Series B rounds led all financing activity for December
- 59% of total financing deals were Early Stage to Series A (median amount raised was $6M)
- The most active sectors this month included: Risk & Compliance (6), Network & Infrastructure Security (5), Data Security (3) & Cloud Security (3)
- Momentum Cyber Advises JASK on Its Acquisition by Sumo Logic
- Momentum Cyber & Optiv Publish White Paper: 2019 Security Technology Spend Insights Report
- Momentum Cyber To Support NTT’s Global Cybersecurity Strategy & Growth Initiatives
- Momentum Cyber Releases Its Cybersecurity Mid-Year Review for 2019
- Momentum Cyber Advises Interset on Its Acquisition by Micro Focus
- Momentum Cyber’s Annual Cybersecurity Almanac Reveals Another Record Year
- Momentum Cyber Advises ADT And NightDragon On Their Strategic Investment In SAM Seamless Network
- Momentum Cyber & Optiv Publish White Paper ‘E’ Is For Efficiency: Five Trends To Relieve The Cybersecurity Skills Shortage
- Momentum Cyber Advises ADT On Its Acquisition Of SDI
- Momentum Cyber Releases Its Cybersecurity Mid-Year Review For 2018
- Momentum Cyber Advises ICEBRG On Its Acquisition By Gigamon
- Momentum Cyber Advises Bradford Networks On Its Acquisition By Fortinet
- Momentum Cyber Releases Inaugural Cybersecurity Almanac For 2018
- Momentum Cyber Launches As Industry’s Premier Cybersecurity Advisory Firm
- Momentum Cyber Advises Weblife On Its $60 Million Acquisition By Proofpoint
- Momentum Cyber Advises DATASHIELD On Its Acquisition By ADT
- Momentum Cyber Advises Cyphort On Its Acquisition By Juniper Networks
Momentum Cyber is the premier trusted advisor to the Cybersecurity industry providing bespoke high-impact advice combined with tailored, senior-level access. The firm was founded by world-class operators and advisors and caters to the unique needs of both earlier stage Founders, CEOs, & Boards as well as the complexity of later stage & public companies throughout their lifecycle – Incubation to Exit. Headquartered in San Francisco with operations globally, the founding team has closed over 250 transactions totaling over $250 billion in value.