Cybersecurity Snapshot | February 2018
Momentum Cyber, the premier trusted advisor to the cybersecurity industry, is pleased to provide you with our Cybersecurity Snapshot for February 2018. Strategic activity remained strong in February with over 50 transactions deploying over $1.4B across M&A (15 transactions, $1.1B) and financing (35 transactions, $335M).
Each month we provide you with an update on the dynamic Cybersecurity landscape. We highlight M&A activity, Venture Capital, Initial Public Offerings, public market valuations, and sector trends.
Inside you will find a series of insights across the Cybersecurity industry including:
- 15 M&A deals were announced with an aggregate disclosed value of $1.1B, representing a 50% increase in M&A volume YoY
- The acquisitions of PhishMe by Pamplona Capital Management / BlackRock for $400M, Phantom Cyber by Splunk for $350M, & Wombat Security by Proofpoint for $225M led all M&A activity for February
- The most active sectors this month included: Security Consulting (3), Network & Infrastructure Security (2), SecOps / IR / Threat Intel (2), Identity & Access Management (2), Risk and Compliance (2), & MSSP (2)
- 35 financing transactions raised a total of $335M, representing a 35% increase in total amount raised YoY. Median amount raised was $5M
- DataVisor’s $40M Series D, Vectra’s $36M Series D, & QingTeng’s $32M Series B rounds led all financing activity for February
- Roughly 54% of financing deals were early stage (Seed to Series A)
- The most active sectors this month included: Network & Infrastructure Security (7), Identity & Access Management (6), & Risk & Compliance (4)
Recent Momentum Cyber Announcements
- Momentum Cyber Releases Inaugural Cybersecurity Almanac For 2018
- Momentum Cyber Launches As Industry’s Premier Cybersecurity Advisory Firm
- Momentum Advises Weblife On Its $60 Million Acquisition By Proofpoint
- Momentum Advises DATASHIELD On Its Acquisition By ADT
- Momentum Advises Cyphort On Its Acquisition By Juniper Networks
Momentum Cyber is the premier trusted advisor to the cybersecurity industry providing bespoke high-impact advice combined with tailored, senior-level access. The firm was founded by world-class operators and advisors and caters to the unique needs of both earlier stage Founders, CEOs, & Boards as well as the complexity of later stage & public companies throughout their lifecycle – Incubation to Exit. Headquartered in San Francisco with operations globally, the founding team has closed over 200 transactions totaling over $200 billion in value.