CYBERSECURITY SNAPSHOT | FEBRUARY 2020
We are pleased to provide you with Momentum’s Cybersecurity Snapshot for February 2020. Strategic activity in February included 42 transactions completed totaling $5.5B in deal value across M&A (14 transactions, $4.4B) and financing (28 transactions, $1.1B).
Each month we provide you with an update on the dynamic Cybersecurity landscape. We highlight M&A activity, Venture Capital, Initial Public Offerings, public market valuations, sector trends and unique industry perspectives.
- 14 M&A deals were announced with disclosed values of $4.4B, (median disclosed value of 1.1B)
- The acquisitions of RSA by STG for $2.1B, Forescout by Advent International & Crosspoint Capital for $1.8B, Emailage by LexisNexis for $480M, & Simeio by ZMC highlighted M&A activity for February
- The most active sectors this month were: Identity & Access Management (3), Network & Infrastructure (2), Web Security (2), & Security Consulting (2)
- 28 financing transactions completed with total capital raised of $1.1B (median amount raised of $18M)
- Netskope’s $340M Series G, OneTrust’s $210M Series B, SentinelOne’s $200M Series E, & ZeroFox’s $74M Later Stage VC rounds led all financing activity for February
- 50% of total financing deals were Early Stage to Series A (median amount raised was $7M)
- The most active sectors this month included: Data Security (7), Risk & Compliance (3), Application Security (3) & MSSP (3)
Momentum Cyber & Optiv Webinar: Is Cybersecurity Virus Resistant?
The COVID-19 pandemic is likely to affect every organization, no matter how well-prepared and resilient they may be. Momentum Cyber and Optiv have partnered for an on-demand webinar that shines light on its impact on Cybersecurity. Join Dino Boukouris and Dave DeWalt of Momentum Cyber and Optiv’s Todd Weber and Dan Burns as they seek to refine your COVID signal-to-noise ratio. The webinar can be accessed here.
- Momentum Cyber’s Annual Cybersecurity Almanac Reveals A Record-Smashing Year
- Momentum Cyber Advises JASK on Its Acquisition by Sumo Logic
- Momentum Cyber & Optiv Publish White Paper: 2019 Security Technology Spend Insights Report
- Momentum Cyber To Support NTT’s Global Cybersecurity Strategy & Growth Initiatives
- Momentum Cyber Releases Its Cybersecurity Mid-Year Review for 2019
- Momentum Cyber Advises Interset on Its Acquisition by Micro Focus
- Momentum Cyber’s Annual Cybersecurity Almanac Reveals Another Record Year
- Momentum Cyber Advises ADT And NightDragon On Their Strategic Investment In SAM Seamless Network
- Momentum Cyber & Optiv Publish White Paper ‘E’ Is For Efficiency: Five Trends To Relieve The Cybersecurity Skills Shortage
- Momentum Cyber Advises ADT On Its Acquisition Of SDI
- Momentum Cyber Releases Its Cybersecurity Mid-Year Review For 2018
- Momentum Cyber Advises ICEBRG On Its Acquisition By Gigamon
- Momentum Cyber Advises Bradford Networks On Its Acquisition By Fortinet
- Momentum Cyber Releases Inaugural Cybersecurity Almanac For 2018
- Momentum Cyber Launches As Industry’s Premier Cybersecurity Advisory Firm
- Momentum Cyber Advises Weblife On Its $60 Million Acquisition By Proofpoint
- Momentum Cyber Advises DATASHIELD On Its Acquisition By ADT
- Momentum Cyber Advises Cyphort On Its Acquisition By Juniper Networks
Momentum Cyber is the premier trusted advisor to the Cybersecurity industry providing bespoke high-impact advice combined with tailored, senior-level access. The firm was founded by world-class operators and advisors and caters to the unique needs of both earlier stage Founders, CEOs, & Boards as well as the complexity of later stage & public companies throughout their lifecycle – Incubation to Exit. Headquartered in San Francisco with operations globally, the founding team has closed over 250 transactions totaling over $250 billion in value.