Cybersecurity Snapshot | January 2018
Momentum Cyber, the premier trusted advisor to the cybersecurity industry, is pleased to provide you with our Cybersecurity Snapshot for January 2018. Strategic activity increased in January with over 58 transactions deploying almost $1.25B across M&A (27 transactions, $940M) and financing (31 transactions, $313M).
Each month we provide you with an update on the dynamic Cybersecurity landscape. We highlight M&A activity, Venture Capital, Initial Public Offerings, public market valuations, and sector trends.
Inside you will find a series of insights across the Cybersecurity industry including:
- The acquisition of Threat Metrix by the Lexis Nexis Risk Solutions Group for $830M led all M&A activity for January
- The most active sectors this month included: SecOps / IR / Threat Intel (6), Security Consulting (4), Identity & Access Management (3), & Application Security (3)
- 31 financing transactions raised a total of $313M, representing a 10% increase in total amount raised YoY, while median amount raised was $6M.
- Ledger’s $75M Series B, Anomali’s $40M Series C, and Algosec’s $36M Private Equity round led all financing activity for January
- Roughly 71% of financing deals were early stage (Seed to Series A)
- The most active sectors this month included: Identity & Access Management (6), Data Security (5), & IoT (5)
Recent Momentum Cyber Announcements
- Momentum Cyber Releases Inaugural Cybersecurity Almanac For 2018
- Momentum Cyber Launches As Industry’s Premier Cybersecurity Advisory Firm
- Momentum Advises Weblife On Its $60 Million Acquisition By Proofpoint
- Momentum Advises DATASHIELD On Its Acquisition By ADT
- Momentum Advises Cyphort On Its Acquisition By Juniper Networks
Momentum Cyber is the premier trusted advisor to the cybersecurity industry providing bespoke high-impact advice combined with tailored, senior-level access. The firm was founded by world-class operators and advisors and caters to the unique needs of both earlier stage Founders, CEOs, & Boards as well as the complexity of later stage & public companies throughout their lifecycle – Incubation to Exit. Headquartered in San Francisco with operations globally, the founding team has closed over 200 transactions totaling over $200 billion in value.