CYBERSECURITY SNAPSHOT | JULY 2018
Momentum Cyber, the premier trusted advisor to the cybersecurity industry, is pleased to provide you with our Cybersecurity Snapshot for July. Strategic activity remained active in July with 47 transactions deploying over $1.78B across M&A (18 transactions, $1.4B) and financing (29 transactions, $302M).
Each month we provide you with an update on the dynamic Cybersecurity landscape. We highlight M&A activity, Venture Capital, Initial Public Offerings, public market valuations, and sector trends.
Inside you will find a series of insights across the Cybersecurity industry including:
- 18 M&A deals were announced with a disclosed value of $1.4B; number of deals closed YTD increases by 12% relative to same period last year
- The acquisitions of Alien Vault by AT&T for $600M, Centrify by Thoma Bravo for $500M, and Prevoty by Imperva for $141M were the largest M&A deals announced in July
- The most active sectors this month included: Identity & Access Management (5), SecOps & Incident Response (3), and Risk & Compliance (3)
- 29 financing transactions raised a total of $302M. Median amount raised was $10M.
- A-lign’s $55M Growth Equity, ObserveIT’s $33M Series B, & ThetaRay’s $30M Series B rounds led all financing activity for July
- 62% of financing deals were early stage (Seed to Series A); Median amount raised for early stage deals was $6M
- The most active sectors this month included: SecOps & Incident Response (7), Identity & Access Management (4), Risk & Compliance (4) and Network & Infrastructure Security (4)
Recent Momentum Cyber Announcements
- Momentum Advises ADT On Its Acquisition Of SDI
- Momentum Cyber Releases Its Cybersecurity Mid-Year Review For 2018
- Momentum Advises ICEBRG On Its Acquisition By Gigamon
- VentureBeat: Five Cybersecurity Leaders Give Startups One Key Piece Of Advice
- Momentum Advises Bradford Networks On Its Acquisition By Fortinet
- Momentum Cyber Releases Inaugural Cybersecurity Almanac For 2018
- Momentum Cyber Launches As Industry’s Premier Cybersecurity Advisory Firm
- Momentum Advises Weblife On Its $60 Million Acquisition By Proofpoint
- Momentum Advises DATASHIELD On Its Acquisition By ADT
- Momentum Advises Cyphort On Its Acquisition By Juniper Networks
Momentum Cyber is the premier trusted advisor to the cybersecurity industry providing bespoke high-impact advice combined with tailored, senior-level access. The firm was founded by world-class operators and advisors and caters to the unique needs of both earlier stage Founders, CEOs, & Boards as well as the complexity of later stage & public companies throughout their lifecycle – Incubation to Exit. Headquartered in San Francisco with operations globally, the founding team has closed over 250 transactions totaling over $250 billion in value.