Cybersecurity Snapshot | May 2018
Momentum Cyber, the premier trusted advisor to the cybersecurity industry, is pleased to provide you with our Cybersecurity Snapshot for May. Strategic activity slightly increased in May with 47 transactions deploying over $1.08B across M&A (13 transactions, $461M) and financing (34 transactions, $619M).
Each month we provide you with an update on the dynamic Cybersecurity landscape. We highlight M&A activity, Venture Capital, Initial Public Offerings, public market valuations, and sector trends.
Inside you will find a series of insights across the Cybersecurity industry including:
- 13 M&A deals were announced with a disclosed value of $461M; number of deals closed YTD increases by 8% relative to same period last year
- The acquisitions of iovation by TransUnion for $325M, Dealflo by OneSpan for $55M, RedSky by Presidio for $41M, & LogRhythm by Thoma Bravo led all M&A activity for May
- The most active sectors this month included: SecOps & Incident Response (4), Identity & Access Management (3), MSSP (2), Identity & Access Management (2), & Data Security (1)
- 34 financing transactions raised a total of $619M, representing a 31% increase in total amount raised YoY. Median amount raised was $6M
- Tanium’s $175M Private Equity, Signifyd’s $100M Series D, & IronNet Cybersecurity’s $78M Series B rounds led all financing activity for May
- 47% of financing deals were early stage (Seed to Series A); Median amount raised for early stage deals was $5M
- The most active sectors this month included: Risk & Compliance (8), Identity & Access Management (5), & Application Security (3)
Recent Momentum Cyber Announcements
- Momentum Advises Bradford Networks On Its Acquisition By Fortinet
- Momentum Cyber Releases Inaugural Cybersecurity Almanac For 2018
- Momentum Cyber Launches As Industry’s Premier Cybersecurity Advisory Firm
- Momentum Advises Weblife On Its $60 Million Acquisition By Proofpoint
- Momentum Advises DATASHIELD On Its Acquisition By ADT
- Momentum Advises Cyphort On Its Acquisition By Juniper Networks
Momentum Cyber is the premier trusted advisor to the cybersecurity industry providing bespoke high-impact advice combined with tailored, senior-level access. The firm was founded by world-class operators and advisors and caters to the unique needs of both earlier stage Founders, CEOs, & Boards as well as the complexity of later stage & public companies throughout their lifecycle – Incubation to Exit. Headquartered in San Francisco with operations globally, the founding team has closed over 250 transactions totaling over $250 billion in value.