CYBERSECURITY SNAPSHOT | NOVEMBER 2019
We are pleased to provide you with Momentum’s Cybersecurity Snapshot for November 2019. Strategic activity in November included 56 transactions completed totaling $2.7B in deal value across M&A (20 transactions, $1.9B) and financing (36 transactions, $812M).
The foreword of this month’s report features insights from Sid Trivedi at Foundation Capital on key considerations when founding an enterprise-focused Cybersecurity start-up from the perspective of an early stage investor.
Each month we provide you with an update on the dynamic Cybersecurity landscape. We highlight M&A activity, Venture Capital, Initial Public Offerings, public market valuations, sector trends and unique industry perspectives.
- 20 M&A deals were announced with disclosed values of $1.9B, (median disclosed value of $150M)
- The acquisitions of Carbonite by Open Text for $1.4B, ObserveIT by Proofpoint for $225M, Aporeto by Palo Alto Networks for $150M, & JASK by Sumo Logic highlighted M&A activity for November
- The most active sectors this month were: Security Consulting (5), Application Security (2), Cloud Security (2), & Sec Ops / IR / Threat Intel (2)
- 36 financing transactions completed with total capital raised of $812M (median amount raised of $12M)
- 1Password’s $200M Series A, Riskified’s $165M Series E, Immersive Labs’ $40M Series B, & IntSights’ $30M Series D rounds led all financing activity for November
- 56% of total financing deals were Early Stage to Series A (median amount raised was $10M)
- The most active sectors this month included: Risk & Compliance (9), Identity & Access Management (5), Application Security (4) & Network & Infrastructure Security (4)
- Momentum Cyber Advises JASK on Its Acquisition by Sumo Logic
- Momentum Cyber & Optiv Publish White Paper: 2019 Security Technology Spend Insights Report
- Momentum Cyber To Support NTT’s Global Cybersecurity Strategy & Growth Initiatives
- Momentum Cyber Advises Interset on Its Acquisition by Micro Focus
- Momentum Cyber’s Annual Cybersecurity Almanac Reveals Another Record Year
- Momentum Cyber Advises ADT And NightDragon On Their Strategic Investment In SAM Seamless Network
- Momentum Cyber & Optiv Publish White Paper ‘E’ Is For Efficiency: Five Trends To Relieve The Cybersecurity Skills Shortage
- Momentum Cyber Advises ADT On Its Acquisition Of SDI
- Momentum Cyber Releases Its Cybersecurity Mid-Year Review For 2018
- Momentum Cyber Advises ICEBRG On Its Acquisition By Gigamon
- Momentum Cyber Advises Bradford Networks On Its Acquisition By Fortinet
- Momentum Cyber Releases Inaugural Cybersecurity Almanac For 2018
- Momentum Cyber Launches As Industry’s Premier Cybersecurity Advisory Firm
- Momentum Cyber Advises Weblife On Its $60 Million Acquisition By Proofpoint
- Momentum Cyber Advises DATASHIELD On Its Acquisition By ADT
- Momentum Cyber Advises Cyphort On Its Acquisition By Juniper Networks
Momentum Cyber is the premier trusted advisor to the Cybersecurity industry providing bespoke high-impact advice combined with tailored, senior-level access. The firm was founded by world-class operators and advisors and caters to the unique needs of both earlier stage Founders, CEOs, & Boards as well as the complexity of later stage & public companies throughout their lifecycle – Incubation to Exit. Headquartered in San Francisco with operations globally, the founding team has closed over 250 transactions totaling over $250 billion in value.