CYBERSECURITY SNAPSHOT | OCTOBER 2019
We are pleased to provide you with Momentum’s Cybersecurity Snapshot for October 2019. Strategic activity in October included 52 transactions completed totaling $4.3B in deal value across M&A (25 transactions, $3.9B) and financing (27 transactions, $409M).
The foreword of this month’s report features insights from Alex Doll & Mark Hatfield at Ten Eleven Ventures.
Each month we provide you with an update on the dynamic Cybersecurity landscape. We highlight M&A activity, Venture Capital, Initial Public Offerings, public market valuations, sector trends and unique industry perspectives.
- 25 M&A deals were announced with disclosed values of $3.9B (median disclosed value of $46M)
- The acquisitions of Sophos by Thoma Bravo for $3.8B, Cloud Conformity by Trend Micro for $70M, and enSilo by Fortinet highlighted M&A activity for October
- The most active sectors this month were: MSSP (12), Identity & Access Management (2), Application Security (2), and Endpoint Security (2)
- 27 financing transactions completed with total capital raised of $409M (median amount raised of $5M)
- Sparkcognition’s $100M Series C, Corelight’s $50M Series C, Very Good Security’s $35M Series B, & Flashpoint’s $34M Later Stage VC rounds led all financing activity for October
- 63% of total financing deals were Early Stage to Series A; median amount raised in such deals was $3M
- The most active sectors this month included: Risk & Compliance (5), Data Security (4), and SecOps / IR / Threat Intel (4)
- Momentum Cyber & Optiv Publish White Paper: 2019 Security Technology Spend Insights Report
- Momentum Cyber To Support NTT’s Global Cybersecurity Strategy & Growth Initiatives
- Momentum Advises Interset on Its Acquisition by Micro Focus
- Momentum Cyber’s Annual Cybersecurity Almanac Reveals Another Record Year
- Momentum Advises ADT And NightDragon On Their Strategic Investment In SAM Seamless Network
- Momentum Cyber & Optiv Publish White Paper ‘E’ Is For Efficiency: Five Trends To Relieve The Cybersecurity Skills Shortage
- Momentum Advises ADT On Its Acquisition Of SDI
- Momentum Cyber Releases Its Cybersecurity Mid-Year Review For 2018
- Momentum Advises ICEBRG On Its Acquisition By Gigamon
- Momentum Advises Bradford Networks On Its Acquisition By Fortinet
- Momentum Cyber Releases Inaugural Cybersecurity Almanac For 2018
- Momentum Cyber Launches As Industry’s Premier Cybersecurity Advisory Firm
- Momentum Advises Weblife On Its $60 Million Acquisition By Proofpoint
- Momentum Advises DATASHIELD On Its Acquisition By ADT
- Momentum Advises Cyphort On Its Acquisition By Juniper Networks
Momentum Cyber is the premier trusted advisor to the Cybersecurity industry providing bespoke high-impact advice combined with tailored, senior-level access. The firm was founded by world-class operators and advisors and caters to the unique needs of both earlier stage Founders, CEOs, & Boards as well as the complexity of later stage & public companies throughout their lifecycle – Incubation to Exit. Headquartered in San Francisco with operations globally, the founding team has closed over 250 transactions totaling over $250 billion in value.